Heavy Duty Turtle Filter
2 Months back I bought a Rena Filstar XP4 canister filter for my turtle tank. After 2 months of use I wanna say this filter does a great job, it filters the 45 gallon tank with 2 turtles which everyone knows poop like there was no tommorrow really well. The water is always clean and no odors. 1 Week ago I cleaned it out and I was surprised how easy it is to clean, and the 4 media baskets give lots of room for all sorts of media to suit any custom needs.
- Self Priming easy start system.
- Up to 265 Gallon Aquarium
- Built in handles for easy carrying during matinenance
- 4 media baskets to meet your filtration needs
- 3-stage filtration: mechanical, chemical & biological�
- 20 ppi open-cell foam x2 for removal of course debris
- 30 ppi open-cell foam x2 for removal of fine debris
- Micro-filtration pad for removal of ultra fine debris
- Bio-Chem Zorb for removal of amonia and odors from water
- Bio Chem Stars x20 for biological filtration
- Rubber feet prevent slipping and dampen noise and vibration
- Quick disconnect for fast and easy maintenance
- Long soft hoses for large aquarium setups
- Customizable spray bar or power nozzle for custom outlet�
Below is a picture of the XP4 and the water flow system shown in an XP2
I give this filter 9/10 rating because it is a great filter, easy maintenance and quiet.