Well it was a cold but sunny day today so I decided to do my valve adjustment as i’ve heard it’s suppose to snow for the next few days. I pulled out the spark plugs, wires and the distributor cap first, then pulled the valve cover off and finally pulled off the timing belt cover. I set the engine to TOP DEAD CENTER (TDC) on #1 cylinder and adjusted both the intake and exhaust valves. While the cylinder was at TDC, I inserted a plastic rod down the spark plug hole and marked it. Then I rotated the cam 90 degree’s and inserted the plastic rod down the #3 cylinder plug whole to make sure I was at TDC and adjusted the intake and exhaust valves. Then I rotated the cam another 90 degree’s and did cyclinder #4 and finally did the same thing for #2. Once it was all done I double checked all valves for each cyclinder at the proper cam position. One thing I forgot to mention is that while turning the cam 90 degree’s I checked to make sure I was on the right cylinder by looking at the distributor rotor postion with the distributor cap. Doing the valve adjustment today was the perfect day as I did not run the engine today so it was totally cold. Below are pictures of the valve adjustment.
Picture 1 shows finding TDC on my Crank, and picture 2 shows my marked plastic rod
Checking valve lash with a feeler gauge, and using a flat screw driver to set the adjustment
Picture of middle VTEC cam lobe between the 2 valves, and my plugs after 800km’s after swap.