Tools needed: Oil drain pan, car jack, jack stand, 17mm wrench, rag or paper towels, oil and oil filter
Step 1 –
Place a jack under the appropriate jack place on the drivers side of the car and raise it up. Once your Civic is raised place a jack stand under the frame for added safety.
Step 2 –
Place an empty oil drain pan under your Civic and use a 17mm wrench to loosen the drain plug and let the oil drain now.
– Loosen off the old oil filter from the back of the engine from underneath of the car. Once the old filter is out take a new filter and coat the rubber seal with new oil and screw it back on the engine.
– Tighten the oil drain plug back up with 17mm wrench and wipe off any excess oil around oil pan. Then remove the oil drain pan and jack from under the car and lower the car back down.
– Add 3.5 Liters of oil into the engine using a funnel so not to spill. Oil Grade will depend on where you live and what temperatures you drive in but I use 5W30 or 10w30.
– Check oil level on the dipstick to make sure you are at the full mark.
– Start the car and watch your oil light come on and it should go off in a couple seconds. If the light does not turn off turn the engine off right away and double check the oil level.