This Friday night I’m going to take my 1993 Honda Civic to the drag strip to see what kind of quarter mile time I can get out of my VTEC engine. I have never raced on a drag strip before so this will be a great learning experience. I want to go because I want to have a before turbo and after turbo quarter mile time slip. I estimate my quarter mile time to be around 15.9-16.5 seconds at 82-88MPH
Things I will need to do to my Honda Civic before it’s ready to race
- Save $30 for race admission
- Drain antifreeze out of my engine and replace with water
- Swap my front 15″ rims to 13″ rims and deflate tires to 15-20psi during racing
- Clean out the contents of my car including the glove box of any unnecessary weight
- Check all fluids to make sure they are topped off especially oil and coolant.
- Wash car so it looks nice on race day
- Clean my K&N Filter Charger
- Swap my drivers side mirror with a spare one as my current one is damaged.
For additional information on Mission Raceway Friday night street legal racing click Here.
If you want to practice your drag strip response time click Here